SOLAR THERMAL SERVICING & REPAIRS
Keep your solar thermal system operating with regular servicing and maintenance.
Getting a solar thermal service can keep your system performing optimally. Having designed, installed, repaired and maintained solar thermal systems over the years we have gained the necessary understanding of what is required to keep thermal systems operating correctly. Like any mechanical system looking after them correctly will increase both performance and lifespan.
Keep Your Solar Thermal System Running Efficiently
There are many reasons to have your heat pump serviced on a regular basis
- Avoid costly repairs
- Checking that the system is running efficiently
- Checking the integrity of the pipe work
- Checking the correct glycol mixture
- Check the operational settings so that its running efficiently
- Usually a requirement to maintain manufactures warranty
- A recommendation under RHI by OFGEM to be regularly serviced
- Check operation of unit and components
- Check calibration of sensors
- Test any safety devices
- Clean any filters
- Inspect pipe work
- Adjust settings to customers’ requirements
- Check fluid levels
- Check all electrical connections
- Unvented hot water cylinder check
- Check glycol
- Report any problems or advise of potential issues
Heat Transfer Fluid Replacement
One of the most important things we check on a thermal service is the quality and consistency of the heat transfer fluid. The quality of the glycol solution will deteriorate over time and will need replacing. If this is the case we will drain down the system and replace with new solution.
We recommend that your thermal system is serviced every one to two years.